No products in the cart.
BROKENHEAD OJIBWAY NATION – LAND & RESOURCE – ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER
Department/Unit: Land & Resource
Position: Environmental Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Brokenhead Ojibway Nation Lands Department is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Environmental Officer; under the direction of the Lands Manager the incumbent will be responsible for the components of the First Nation specific Environmental Management Plan (EMP) and must be able to identify and resolve a variety of environmental problems. The Environmental Officer will co-ordinate the efforts of operational staff, while working with the Lands Staff, Chief and Council, federal, provincial, and municipal bodies, developers, and others on a regular basis. They will need to understand political, social, legal, and economic issues, as well as aspects of environmental management, science and technology. Under the direction of the Lands Manager, the Environmental Officer will be expected to act as an environmental leader in the community.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- University Degree in Environmental Sciences/Studies.
- Experience that demonstrates excellent knowledge and understanding of Environmental Management.
- A sound knowledge of scientific and management principles is needed.
- An effective environmental officer must understand problems and recognize areas for environmental improvement, and then be able to communicate solutions to community members, management, political leaders, and the broader public.
- Familiarity with approaches to environmental issues, and the ability to work with a variety of individuals is important.
- Ability to review development applications and prepare summaries and coordinate compliance and monitoring of environmental legislation in accordance with BON land code.
- Ability to oversee pollution control, pollution prevention, recycling programs, or other environmental plan components.
- Ability to identify, assess, and reduce environmental risks and management practices into Bon Operations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Excel, Word, Outlook, PPT, Abode PDF, GIS and Report/Print software programs.
- Class 5 driver licence and reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and able to travel upon request.
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment drug test and future random drug testing.
- Please include 3 references from previous employers with your resume.
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: November 14, 2023
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180, Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment.