No products in the cart.
BROKENHEAD OJIBWAY NATION – DRIVER/MAINTENANCE
Department/Unit: Jordan’s Principle
Employment Type: Full Time
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual for the full time position of Driver/Maintenance Worker who will work with direct supervision of the Jordan’s Principle Director of Services by providing safe and punctual transportation for the youth and families accessing services within and outside of BON through the Jordan’s Principle Program. In addition, to maintain the vehicles in excellent and sanitary conditions, assist in special event planning and coordination and assist with grounds maintenance at all three Jordan’s Principle Program locations as time permits. Depending on work load, this position has the opportunity to work with Medical Transportation also.
- Hold a Class 4 Manitoba Driver License (in good standing). Must provide a driver’s abstract annually.
- Must have CPR & First Aid Training or willing to obtain.
- must be physically fit (able to lift, stand, sit etc).
- Knowledge and ability to perform minor vehicle repairs including service appointments, tire replacement, fuel, washing and sanitizing.
- Ability to work closely with the Health and Safety Committee to ensure adherence to all regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain a system for scheduling pick up and drop offs, parental consents and incident reports.
- Knowledge of use of car seat restraints based on expiry dates, etc.
- Able to drive in all road conditions.
- Familiar with area of destination, dependable, flexible and sound judgment.
- Good communications skills, both written and oral, ability to organize and meet deadlines.
- Complete confidentiality and reliability is essential.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment drug test and future random drug and alcohol testing.
- Please include 3 employer references with resume.
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to Indigenous people and applicants are encouraged to self-declare. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 5, 2023
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Box 180 Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment.