No products in the cart.
BROKENHEAD OJIBWAY NATION – COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Department/Unit: BON Development Corporation
Position: Community Development Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation has entered into an agreement to pilot a program initiated by Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) to improve how a First Nation’s community development priorities are met. The Community Development Wrap Around Initiative (CDWAI) takes a holistic approach to community development by putting Brokenhead Ojibway Nation at the center of determining its priorities.
The Community Development Officer (CDO) will survey all segments of the community, identify their wants & needs and work with them to develop priorities which will form a basis of a comprehensive community development plan. Using the wrap-around model, the CDO brings partners (government stakeholders, agencies, NGOs, foundations) around the table to leverage and align existing programs to support the implementation of the community’s identified priorities.
Reporting to BON Corp CEO, the CDO is responsible for the management, implementation, and administration of the CDWAI. The CDO will also provide administrative support to BON Corp as the corporation reorganizes and incorporates this new initiative.
- Survey Leadership, Elders, Managers, Youth, Community Members (on and off reserve), Business Owners and other Stakeholders to obtain their priorities to form the basis of a comprehensive community development plan.
- Plan and facilitate community engagement meetings, coordinating with planned meeting and events where possible.
- Develop a reporting mechanism to communicate CDWAI progress to Community Members, Leaders, Department Heads, Youth and Elders and other stakeholders on quarterly basis.
- Identify funding programs outside ISC’s core funding availability and fill the funding gap.
- Evaluate the community plan and its implementation on a regular basis.
- Establish and maintain filing and record keeping systems.
- Attend regional and national community navigator meetings/training sessions as required.
- Be familiar with all BON program budgets and funding requirements as it pertains to CDWAI.
- Responsible for preparing compliance reports for all Community priorities as per funding agreements.
BON CORP ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES
- Assist in preparation of reports including conducting research and gathering data.
- Take minutes at all BON Corp manager meetings and other BON Corp meetings at the request of the CEO.
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree or certification in business administration, community development, Indigenous governance, finance, marketing, project management, or a related field is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of Indigenous cultural practices and reconciliation.
- Able to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision as well as working within a collaborative team framework.
- Proven ability in proposal development, fundraising, and report writing.
- Proven ability at networking and Nation building with external stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to edit and correct documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to take minutes.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly for drafting documents and information management.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be willing to provide pre-employment drug test and submit to future random drug testing.
- Please include 3 professional references with your resume.
BON Corp offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons and applicants are encouraged to self declare. We thank all who apply, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: April 25, 2023
Human Resources Manager
Box 180 Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
Fax #: 204-766-2021
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment.