No products in the cart.
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation – Administrative Assistant
Department/Unit: Administration Position Administrative Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time Term
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full-time term position of Administrative Assistant, who will provide administration support services to the Director of Operations and Human Resource Manager and report to the Director of Operations. The incumbent will require the knowledge and proven ability to provide administrative support for Brokenhead Ojibway Nation Administration in a variety or administrative roles. A strong knowledge of computers, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint programs is essential.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of direct work experience in an administrative assistant capacity.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- Superior computer skills.
- Able to write simple correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- General mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- High degree of confidentiality mandatory.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Creativity and ingenuity.
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment drug testing and future random drug testing.
- Must have reliable vehicle and valid Manitoba Driver License.
- Please include 3 current employer references with your resume
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to Indigenous people and applicants are encouraged to self-declare. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: April 13, 2023
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Box 180 Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment.