No products in the cart.
BROKENHEAD OJIBWAY NATION – HEALTH CENTRE – CERTIFIED HEALTH CARE AIDE
Department/Unit: Health Centre – Home & Community Care
Position: Certified Health Care Aide
Employment Type: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation Health Centre is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full time positions of Certified Health Care Aide. Under the administration direction of the Home and Community Care Nurse Coordinator the Certified Home Care Aid will meet clients specific personal needs, including personal hygiene, dressing, feeding, ambulation, elimination of bodily wastes, medications, activities of daily living, and other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Grade X education or its equivalent in education and/or experience
- Health Care Aide Certificate, in good standing and completion of prescribed training period
- Previous work experience in a First Nations setting
- Self-directed self-starter and a team player
- Demonstrated ability to work well with the public and with clients in need of care
- Must have a current CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Valid driver license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to work weekends
- Have strong communicational skills both verbal and writing, interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Must be able to balance personable and professionalism and maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Willing to submit to pre-employment drug test and future random drug testing
- Must provide an Adult Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Please include 3 employer references with resume
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: October 30, 2023
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180, Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment.