No products in the cart.
BROKENHEAD OJIBWAY NATION – HEALTH CENTRE – HOME SUPPORT WORKER
Department/Unit: Health Centre
Position: Home Support Worker
Employment Type: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation Health Centre is seeking highly motivated individuals to fill full time positions of Home Support Worker. Under the direct supervision of the Home and Community Care Nurse Coordinator, the Home Support Worker works in private homes to help patients with, general housekeeping and meal preparation for individuals assessed as home care clients. May also provide home visiting services in situations where the client(s) requires this service to remain safe at home while recuperating from illness. To ensure client(s) has the support to return to full or partial pre-illness functioning and prevent further deterioration.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Grade 10 education, or its equivalent in education and/or experience is required.
- Safe Food handlers and CPR/first aid required
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) and Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Training required or willingness to obtain within six (6) months
- Two (2) years directly related experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work evenings (up to 8 PM)
- Valid Manitoba Class V driver license and use of a registered vehicle may be an asset.
- Must be able to work professionally and maintain strict confidentiality at all times;
- Demonstrated compassion with good knowledge of Health Programs.
- Good time management skills, oral and electronic communication skills are essential;
- Diplomacy, interpersonal skills and the ability to be genuine to self & patients with the ability to gain trust;
- Ability to speak Ojibway is an asset
- Must provide a clean pre-employment drug test and be willing to submit to future random drug testing
- Please include 3 employer references with resume
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: October 30, 2023
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180, Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment.