No products in the cart.
BROKENHEAD OJIBWAY NATION – ADMINISTRATION – MEMBERSHIP CLERK
Position: Membership Clerk
Employment Type: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Membership Clerk. The incumbent will be responsible for the administration and upkeep of the local Indian Registry and Band List. They will participate in determining eligibility for Indian Status, issue certificates of Indian status to eligible persons, and assist in the Secure Certificate of Indian Status program, as well as work with the Membership Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Grade XII education, or its equivalent in education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of (SCIS) Secure Certificate of Indian Status.
- Must be willing and able to receive off site training.
- Ability to prepare monthly reports.
- Good written and oral communication skills, tact, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Must be able to complete the required criminal record checks.
- Obtain appointment for Commissioner of Oath.
- Complete confidentiality is essential.
- Willing to submit to pre-employment drug test and future random drug testing.
- Please submit 3 employer references with application.
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 14, 2024
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180, Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
Ph: 204-766-2494 TF: 1-888-295-3884
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment.