No products in the cart.
BROKENHEAD OJIBWAY NATION – JORDAN’S PRINCIPLE – INTAKE WORKER
Department/Unit: Jordan’s Principle
Position: Intake Worker
Employment Type: Full Time Term to March 31, 2024
POSITION SUMMARY: Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual for the full time term position of Intake Worker who will work with direct supervision of the Jordan’s Principle Director. The Purpose of the Jordan’s Principle Intake Worker is to respond to Brokenhead Ojibway Nation Membership (Families with children 0-18 years old) requiring Jordan’s Principle support and service in the capacity as an Intake Worker. The Intake Worker will receive calls from families and complete an initial assessment in collaboration with the family and make referrals to appropriate services. The Intake Worker will contribute to the achievement of holistic outcomes increasing quality of life for Brokenhead Ojibway Nation children living on and off reserve. Ensure children receive the services when they need them without experiencing any denials, delays, or disruption of services. Substantive equality recognizes that First Nations children may need additional supports because their families may have experienced disadvantages that other children do not experience, ensure this equality is present during service delivery.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Grade 12 equivalent and 1 year of Administrative Assistant experience;
- Minimum of 2 years of office experience;
- Must be reliable and dependable;
- Excellent mental & emotional health and willing to be a team player
- Excellent assessment & time management skills;
- Proficient in the operation of a computer and other office equipment;
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook;
- Good organizational skills;
- Able to work independently and maintain confidentiality;
- Knowledge, understanding of Indigenous culture an asset;
- CPR and First Aide Certification would be an asset;
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License would be an asset.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Willing to submit to a clean pre-employment drug test and future random drug and alcohol testing;
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Please include 3 employer references with resume
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: October 20, 2023
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180, Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment.