No products in the cart.
Treaty One Youth Internship – Sagkeeng First Nation Community Engagement Assistant
TREATY ONE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Youth Internship – Sagkeeng First Nation Community Engagement Assistant
Full-time, Internship, Term position until May 31, 2023
The Treaty One Youth Internship initiative provides work experience and on-the-job training for First Nation youth. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community Engagement Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Lands and Governance Team to distribute information and assist in the coordination of community-based events.
- Communicating information to community members.
- Distribution of printed materials.
- Assist in the coordination of community and virtual engagement/information sessions.
- Participate in training about the Community Ratification Process to answer questions or direct inquiries through proper channels.
- Suggesting and implementing ideas to enhance the Land Code voting process.
- Assist in preparation for the vote and on the day of the vote.
- Support the Lands Team in other areas as required to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ATTRIBUTES, AND PERSONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must be living in Sagkeeng First Nation.
- Must not be currently enrolled in school.
- Candidate must be under the age of 30.
- Willing to work an average of 30-40 hours per week.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Some experience in planning events.
- Knowledge of how to utilize social media is required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a participative work environment.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Be reliable, respectful, and dependable.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality within and outside the organization.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS: Open until Filled
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Kathleen BlueSky, Chief Operations and Strategy Officer
Treaty One Development Corporation
103-1075 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8
*Please note resumes without a cover letter will not be considered complete*
Please self-identify as First Nations in your cover letter. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.