No products in the cart.
Housing Coordinator – Employment Opportunity
Full-time, Internship, Term position until March 31, 2023
The Treaty One Youth Internship (aged 15-30) initiative provides work experience and on-the-job training for First Nation youth to assist them in pursuing employment in the housing industry.
The Housing Coordinator(s) will gain knowledge, skills, and management practices in the following areas: Housing Administration, Housing Maintenance, Housing Construction and Renovations, and Tenant Relation.
- Collect data on existing housing guidelines & practices.
- Interview key housing management & staff to understand existing guidelines, systems, and staff levels/skills and practices.
- Establish housing management guidelines and practices and assist with development of improvements where required.
- Assist with the development of a Housing Management Policies & Procedures manual.
- Assist with creating a residential marketing package for Treaty One Housing Authority.
- Participate in workshops and courses that are focused on First Nation Housing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ATTRIBUTES AND PERSONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must be between the age of 15-30 years.
- Willing to work an average of 30-40 hours per week.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a participative work environment.
- Computer skills would be an asset.
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Be reliable, respectful, dependable, and trustworthy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality within and outside the organization.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Tannis Ho, General Manager
103-1075 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8
*Please note resumes without a cover letter will not be considered complete*
Please self-identify as First Nations in your cover letter. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.