Treaty One Development Corporation (T1DC) is currently seeking a Finance Assistant to work closely with the Director of Finance. This position is a full-time position. The Finance Assistant is an integral part of the finance team and will complete the full monthly accounting cycle, ensuring that generally accepted accounting principles and practices are always followed. Must have analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize in a busy environment and manage time deadlines. Ability to work independently and as a part of a team. Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and purpose of T1DC. Finance Assistant reports to the Director of Finance.
Treaty One Development Corporation:
- Focuses on the employees, creativity, and their professional developments.
- Comes with a rich a diverse range of career opportunities.
- Comes with a respectful workplace that celebrates diversity and equality for all, including zero tolerance for harassment and lateral violence.
- Fosters a healthy work-life balance, spiritual wellness, and encourages land-based learning excellent team building skills.
Essentials Qualifications & Experience:
- Data and journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable.
- Facilitate and reconcile bank deposits.
- Daily recording of income and expense transactions.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assisting in preparation of monthly financial reports, budgets, and cash flow statements.
- Assisting with preparing for the annual audit.
- Assisting with preparing financial reporting to Indigenous Services Canada and other funders.
- Managing financial files (physical and electronic copies) and ensure filing systems are maintained up to date.
- Provide information and feedback to management as required.
- Process timely and accurate payments to employees through bi-weekly payroll.
- Administer employee benefits program, including changes, enrollments, and payroll deductions.
- Ensure timely reporting and remittances for records of employment, payroll tax and payment to benefit providers.
- Ensure integrity, protection and security of files and records.
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Working towards or having a CPA designation would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 3 years full cycle accounting experience.
- Combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Substantial experience with QuickBooks.
The following are also desirable qualification for applicants:
- Knowledge and experience with indigenous peoples, communities and culture is an asset.
- Exceptional time management skills, organization skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds and different levels of education, including all Indigenous groups.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities on a regular basis.
Interviews will be used to assess skills in:
- Engagement – working effectively with people.
- Demonstrating Integrity and respect.
Written tests maybe used to assess skills in:
- Reading, writing and comprehension of information in English.
Conditions of employment:
- Submission of a Criminal Record Check.
- Willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Willing and able to travel including holding a valid driver license and access to a personal vehicle when required.
Preference will be given to Treaty One Members and to First Nations citizens, women and Two-spirited/non-binary persons are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, with resume, along with 3 professional references and salary expectations to:
Ardell Boubard, Human Resource Manager
Treaty One Development Corporation
103-1075 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8
DEADLINE TO APPLY – JUNE 9, 2021 @ 4:30 P.M.
We thank all who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Chi-Miigwetch.