No products in the cart.
Executive Assistant – Employment Opportunity
Reporting to the Director of Governance, the primary role of the Executive Assistant is to be highly competent and committed and will provide a senior level administrative support to the Senior Executive Managers. Reports on a daily basis directly to the Senior Executive Management notifying of meetings, reminders. Also, the Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to Senior Executive Management and the Board of Directors. Assumes other required duties and responsibilities assigned by Management. In keeping with the development of First Nations capacity and to further reconciliation priority will be given to members of Treaty One Nation.
- Provides ongoing support to the Senior Executive Management with daily administrative duties and tasks that include but not limited to managing and scheduling meetings onsite and offsite, completing various reports, drafting and preparing correspondence, compiling documents for meetings, agendas.
- Represents the organization in a professional manner ensuring clear communication skills both verbal and written to internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze incoming and outgoing reports and memorandums to ensure completeness and
- Manage the Senior Executive Management calendar to ensure accuracy and good judgement when scheduling meetings, conference calls, etc. Keeping the executive’s calendar up to date, including adding events, rescheduling appointments and providing daily briefings.
- Conducting research and creating reports on various topics based on the needs of the executive
- Exercise complete discretion and confidentiality when handing information on all business
- Records all minutes and memos for record keeping for all meetings, conferences, as
- Filing important documents, such as reports, meeting notes, emails, and letters
- Keeping important information and documents organized physically, and electronically
- Responds to correspondence by phone, email, or other forms of communication on behalf of the Senior Executive Management, when required.
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review for presentation by Board of Directors, Committees and Executives.
- Proficient with computers and software applications, including Microsoft Office 365, virtual meeting software, presentation software, etc.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma or certificate in relevant discipline and proven related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven ability to type with high accuracy
- Experience providing administrative support at an executive level including maintaining confidentiality, creating, and maintaining document tracking systems, appointment scheduling, and maintaining files and filing systems
- Experience providing overall office management and administrative support
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and work on concurrent assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written communication skills with experience proof-reading, editing, and formatting correspondence and reports with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with tact, diplomacy and professionally with the public and staff over the telephone and in person
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders such as First Nation leadership, governments, and relevant social services organizations
- Experience in preparing and recording minutes/notes
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and be proactive
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills approach all situations with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality on all work-related issues
- Expert planner, highly organized
- Able to lead, maintain and foster professional team involvement
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS: Monday June 13, 2022, at 4:30 PM CST
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to:
103-1075 Portage Avenue Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8 firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note resumes without a cover letter will not be considered complete*
Preference will be given to qualified First Nation candidates Please self-identify as First Nations in your cover letter We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.