August 3, 2021 marks 150 years since the signing of Treaty No.1 between the First Nations and Her Majesty the Queen of Great Britain & Ireland, and a milestone event is being planned. The Treaty One Development Corporation (T1DC) is seeking a highly organized Event Coordinator. The Event Coordinator works closely with T1DC, stakeholders, and committee members to ensure that all events are delivered on time, within budget, and at the desired level of quality. This individual cultivates positive long-term relationships with all event stakeholders, especially committee members and sponsors, and seeks to consistently improve event execution.
The Event Coordinator reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The Event Coordinator must be a self-starting team player, willing to tackle “other duties as assigned” to ensure the overall success of the Treaty 150 Event. This is a term position.
- Promotes and fosters a commitment to the vision, mission, and values of T1DC.
- Plan and organize events in accordance with financial and time restraints and public health restrictions.
- Plan, schedule and organize time slots and speakers, performers, staff and volunteers at event.
- Meet with stakeholders and coordinate with them regularly.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Degree in marketing, events planning, communications, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Three years of events planning experience.
- Proven project management, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage all phases of multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to continuously changing responsibilities and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics applications and audio/visual equipment.
- Marketing/communications experience.
- Excels in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Must be willing to travel, have a reliable vehicle and possess a valid class 5 license.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, with resume, along with 3 professional references to:
Ardell Boubard, Human Resource Manager
Treaty One Development Corporation
103-1075 Portage Avenue Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8
We thank all interested applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
DEADLINE TO APPLY APRIL 6, 2021 @ 4:30 PM