| Job Title:
Economic Development Officer
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Economic Development Officer will focus on economic development by attracting new businesses, encouraging investment opportunities, increasing job opportunities, and identifying opportunities for sustainable growth and development. The Economic Development Officer must possess expert knowledge about economics and accounting principles, must possess effective mathematical skills. They must be aware of all government laws, court procedures, legal codes, executive orders, government regulations. They must possess knowledge about business and management principles including strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques. They must reflect expert analytical thinking and making use of logical procedures to solve work related issues and problems. Innovative thinking abilities to develop ideas are necessary. Must possess great people skills and have a strong business background. Able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines. In addition to assisting the Economic Development of Treaty One Development Corporation, the scope of duties and expectations will include the collaboration with a variety of stakeholders and partners, ranging from business to government. As such, the ability to navigate these grounds is imperative to execute time sensitive projects, while leveraging the strengths and protecting the interests Treaty One.
- Must be aware of all government laws, court procedures, legal codes, executive orders, government regulations and important Treaty One Development Corporation guidelines.
- Possession of expert knowledge about economics and accounting principles.
- Must possess knowledge about business and management principles including strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques.
- Providing effective advice regarding consultation on different economic relationships to businesses.
- Ability to formulate plans, recommendations, and policies to solve various economic problems, analyze data, create reports.
- Ability to define the function and applications of economic development, as well as direct links to sustainable and balanced growth.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral skills that are relevant to the position.
- Must have extensive experience and well educated in formal business education.
- Must possess a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to perform continuous assessments, principles, practices, and techniques.
- Reports to CEO, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in business administration, management, or marketing.
- Expert analytical thinking and making use of logical procedures to solve work related issues and problems.
- Expert time management skills.
- An understanding of processes for building permits, zoning, financing sources, real estate needs, investment strategies and incentives and then formulate recommendations.
- Able to formulate plans, recommendations, and policies to solve various economic problems.
Salary will commensurate with education and experience.
This posting will be available until March 30th, 2021 at 4:30pm CST.
This position is in Winnipeg Manitoba.
If you are interested, please email your cover letter and resume:
Ardell Boubard, email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.