No products in the cart.
Director of Communications – Employment Opportunity
Reporting to the Chief Operations and Strategy Officer, the Director of Communications will oversee all communications involving the organization including the development and implementation of a communications strategy and a broad and diverse range of business and marketing communications. The Director of Communications will be an excellent communicator with brilliant presentation and organizational skills.
- Collaborates with senior and executive leadership and board of directors to develop and uphold the corporate mission statement.
- Develops and implements a communications strategy for the Treaty One Development Corporation and Treaty One Nations Inc. that builds and maintains a strong cultural identity and corporate brand.
- Designing and executing strategic communications plans in a large, complex organization with priorities in Nation Rebuilding and urban economic development.
- Work with internal and external teams to create a variety of communications materials including press releases, media pitches, communications plans, reports, editorial content, speaking notes, targeted content, and media statements that inform, connect, engage, and excite audiences.
- Provide leadership in all areas of communications (internal and external) for, and in collaboration with management, Chief and Councils, and advisory committees.
- Work with communities to assess and communicate needs and
- Supervise, monitor, and potentially assist in the creation of digital, video, audio, and print
- Manages corporate communications projects, internal processes/workflows, and ensures that deadlines are met while fostering positive relationships with various internal departments.
- Manage presence at industry events, trade shows, and
- Oversee the development of all print and digital communications including the annual directory, annual reports, marketing collateral materials and electronic communications including Treaty One’s website and new media; manage relationships with associated vendors.
- Manage the design, content, and production of all marketing
- Measure, analyze and report on the effectiveness of communications campaigns and initiatives, monitoring and tracking performance and providing strategic recommendations for future
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding Treaty One priorities, special events, and other projects.
- Serve as the lead point person on media interactions; develops and maintains positive professional relationships with various members of the media.
- Provides consistent and timely information to employees through various communications
- Assists executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important corporate
- Provides suggestions concerning graphics, clarity, distribution, and press releases to Finance and Accounting departments for preparation of the annual reports.
- Develops, implements, and adheres to communications
- Performs other related duties as
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Organized with attention to
- Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external
- Ability to offer sound media relations advice to senior
- Excellent managerial and organizational
- Excellent interpersonal
- Ability to work with First Nations, corporate management, employees, media, and the larger
- Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams to present a coherent
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related
- Minimum 5 years of experience in communications or public
- Supervisory experience and comprehensive marketing experience
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS: Open until Filled
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to:
103-1075 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8 email@example.com
*Please note resumes without a cover letter will not be considered complete*
Preference will be given to qualified First Nation candidates Please self-identify as First Nations in your cover letter We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.