No products in the cart.
Administrative Assistant – Employment Opportunity
Full-time, Internship, Term position until March 31, 2023
The Treaty One Youth Internship (aged 15-30) initiative provides work experience and on-the-job training for First Nation youth to assist them in pursuing employment in the housing industry.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a diverse set of administrative tasks including management support, general scheduling and bookings, and organization and coordination of the office.
The incumbent is ultimately responsible for seamless operations of the office, suggesting and implementing ideas to enhance day-to-day operations where possible and supporting the organization with its projects and deliverables.
- Perform general office administration including but not limited to: reception, answering phones, and greeting clients.
- Coordinate schedules, meetings, and appointments.
- Coordinate internal and external video conference meetings, including troubleshooting of equipment, communications with internal or external office staff, IT department etc.
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings, seminars, and conferences.
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and coordinate the flow of information.
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents as required.
- Maintain the filing and organizational procedures, and contact lists.
- Order office supplies and equipment, and maintain inventory.
- Maintain common spaces including waiting area, boardroom, kitchen, storage room, and general meeting area.
- Support management in other areas as required to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ATTRIBUTES AND PERSONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must be between the age of 15-30 years.
- Willing to work an average of 30-40 hours per week.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a participative work environment.
- Computer skills would be an asset.
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Be reliable, respectful, dependable, and trustworthy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality within and outside the organization
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS: Open until Filled
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Tannis Ho, General Manager
103-1075 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8
*Please note resumes without a cover letter will not be considered complete*
Please self-identify as First Nations in your cover letter We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.